Totally remade for 2016, our 1000s-selling online video course gets you from complete beginner to first DJ set in 4 weeks, or your money back!
Digital DJing – DJing with laptops and controllers – has made achieving the “DJ lifestyle” easier than ever.
Do you want to play in your favourite bars and clubs, instead of just going to them? Get on guest lists across town? Be “the DJ” in your circle of friends? Do you dream of playing your favourite tunes to packed dancefloors of people who’ve come just to hear you?
Of course you do! And as you’ve already guessed, digital DJing can get you all of this, more cheaply and more easily than ever was the case for vinyl and CD DJs.
Trouble is though, with all the different systems out there to choose from, as well as digital music, DJing techniques and technical skills to master, it can be almost impossible for you – the new DJ – to know where to start. What gear is right for you? Where do you find the best music? What skills do you need? How do you plug your gear in when you get to the clubs? Hell, what does a DJ even really do nowadays?
Without proper answers to these questions, you’ll find it’s costly, time-consuming and frustrating to get to the stage where you can play a DJ set in public. It often used to take years for vinyl and CD DJs to master the basics, never mind play real gigs – and while it can be easier to get going with digital, you still need to practise the right things in order to do it well enough to play out.
And the harsh truth is that without getting to the stage where you can play confidently in public on your new digital gear, you’re never going to get the success you want. You’ll always be a bedroom DJ, dreaming about it yet getting no closer to it happening for you.
I know all of this because back in 2004, I was new to digital too!
Granted, I’d already been a professional DJ for nearly 10 years by then. I’d DJed at the biggest club in the world (Privilege in Ibiza), run and DJed at my own wildly successful UK club night for over a decade (Tangled in Manchester), and mixed on the radio (for Ministry of Sound internationally and Kiss/Galaxy FM in the UK). I was already living the dream DJ’s life I’d always wanted, and getting paid excellently for it.
But then I realised digital was the future, and knew I had to switch – and suddenly, I felt like I was back at DJ school! It took many, many months to learn how to DJ digitally. Along the way, I ended up writing some of the very first digital DJ lessons and training courses (for IDJ Magazine in the UK) – because those guys understood digital even less than I did at the time! Slowly, through trial and error, I switched to DJing professionally with laptops and controllers… and have never looked back.
Since then, as well as DJing in “normal” clubs, I’ve played in some amazing places with my controller – places where you could never DJ with traditional gear: Beach parties, pool parties, impromptu raves, even in hotel rooms!
I’ve also taught thousands of DJs how to become a DJ with controllers and laptops, countless of whom have gone on to get gigs and success for themselves. And as founder, publisher and editor of one of the world’s biggest DJ websites, Digital DJ Tips, I continue to help DJs like you to learn, every single week.
I’m Phil Morse, and today I’ve got some exciting news for all beginner digital DJs!
What I’ve got for you
Totally remade for 2016, in this course I’ve combined all of my DJing and teaching experience into one comprehensive beginner’s online video course – nearly 30 video lessons of invaluable DJ training, aimed at taking you, the complete beginner, right the way to your first public DJ set, in just four weeks! It’s a shortcut to the life of today’s digital DJ, and after months of filming, the long-awaited second version of this much loved DJ course is now available.
This isn’t some slickly produced sales video or rehash of your software’s instruction manual – it’s practical pro DJ lessons from someone who’s walked the walk and is passionate about sharing the knowledge.
- You’ll start off learning about the different digital DJing methods, and why there’s only really one right choice for 90% of digital DJs starting out today
- I’ll help you to spend your money wisely by showing you what’s really important when choosing your gear, and where beginner DJs typically mess up and waste cash. This section alone will probably save you many times the cost of the course
- A DJ is only as good as his music – so I’ll show you where to find digital music, as well as give you pro tips on how to build a DJ’s digital library of the kind of tunes that’ll blow away any audience – whatever your preferred style
- I’ll show you everything you need to know about using your new DJ controller, right from the very basics – you’ll be performing your first mix in minutes!
- Scared of “beatmixing”? I have a proven method of teaching real beatmixing, and you’ll learn the secret! Once you know this one secret, you’ll be able to hold your head high in any DJ company, even with vinyl diehards
- I’ll teach you the tricks that’ll have you doing in five minutes what DJs used to spend months or even years learning!
- I’ll reveal authentic pro mixing techniques – the exact mixes I use in my own DJing every week, which you can then take and use in your own sets. This stuff can otherwise take many months to figure out
- Want to wow your audience with some advanced DJ controller tricks? Of course you do! I’ll show you about loops, cues, effects and more. You can easily use all of these things – and even better, I’ll show you when to use them to sound exactly like the pros
- All of this will have you ready for your first DJ gig in no time. I’ll give you the essential knowledge about what’s in pro DJ booths and how to set up your digital gear there confidently and without mistakes
- Finally, I’ll give you practical tips on how to come across like a real pro at your gigs. You’ll look, act and sound the real deal – and the truth is that with all you’ve learned from this comprehensive course under your belt, you will be! You’ll also be well on the way to the DJ lifestyle that you dream of.
A DJ says…
“I have yet to get my first gig but with the ‘How To Digital DJ Fast’ online video school I feel more confident when I’m mixing and more open to mixing different genres together. Before seeing the videos practically everything I knew was self-taught; not only did these videos redefined what I knew, they made things clearer as well. I have signed up for other courses but this is hands-down the most useful guide for beginner digital DJs. I would absolutely recommend the course to beginner DJs, because it has everything you’d need and want to know. It teaches you from a practical mind-set which is very easy to understand and which you’ll easily relate to.” – Christian Cantelon (“DJ Crysix”), Toronto, Canada.
This course gives you the specific techniques today’s digital DJ needs, plus enough of the timeless essential DJ skills, skills that all good DJs know.
All of it is designed specifically to get you, the beginner digital DJ, playing in public – and fast. This stuff has never been presented in one place before, anywhere.
A sneak preview…
This is just one video taken from one of the two mixing modules – two of just five total course modules. Just think what all 28 lessons of this tuition is going to do for your DJing!
A DJ says…
“I haven’t seen anything like your DJ classes before, and I’m so glad to have been sent the link by a good friend of mine. I’ve learned so much! I’ve pored through the internet for beginners DJ training – but it’s like trying to find diamonds in the rough. This is everything a beginner digital DJ needs to know in one place. After watching the video about collecting music, I can’t wait to start organising my tunes better so that I can access them seamlessly when I need a particular sound. The course draws on what an aspiring DJ would have seen while out clubbing and contains tips that are easy to relate to what we’ve all seen the pros do. It makes it look easy and has given me the confidence to take it by the balls!” – Samantha Blanchard (“DJ Marbles”), London, UK.
Full course contents
1: The Gear
To digital DJ, you need to understand the various options available to you, and their relative merits and shortcomings, in order to make a confident choice as to which route to take from the off. You’ll learn:
- How to buy the right laptop for DJing… or set up the one you have to work well
- The relative merits of all the main DJ programs (the course is designed for all software, and focuses especially on Traktor, Serato and Virtual DJ)
- What controller to buy to suit your style, budget and aspirations – you won’t need to spend as much as you think!
- What else you need to complete your digital DJ set-up including essential info about headphones, speakers and stands
2: The Music
A DJ is only as good as his music. But where do you start? How do you sift through the thousands of tunes released each week? Where on earth do you turn for help in getting quickly to the good stuff? We’ll show you a system that works, concentrating on:
- How to buy music in the post-record shop age
- Places to get exclusive DJ tracks for free
- How to use the pros to find great new records for you!
- Knowing what tunes to spend your hard-earned cash on… and what to avoid
- Keeping a grip on your digital music collection… and why you must organise it away from your DJ software
- How to ensure the music you play sounds great… and why some digital DJs always sound so bad
3: Mixing I
DJ controllers come in all shapes and sizes, but they always appear to be more complicated than they really are, as manufacturers pile in the features to try and differentiate their products from everyone else’s. We cut through the complications and show you what’s really important on a DJ controller.
- What everything does on a typical DJ controller
- Why no matter what controller you have, it still operates in practically the same way as all the others
- How to manage your DJ library when playing
- Getting the volume right for great sounding mixes
- How to use cue points for clean transitions
- Why DJs “counting” their beats, and how it makes for seamless mixes
- Exactly how DJs use headphones for tight transitions
- Two essential mixes that will get you through nearly all DJ situations, including multi-genre and across varying tempos
- Why sync is your best friend… yet why for many digital DJs, it is their worst enemy!
- The different types of sync – and why it’s essential to understand what YOUR sync button is doing (Hint: Different controllers and software do this in different ways, which can radically affect the way you mix)
A Pro DJ says…
“I think Phil’s crash course in how to become a digital DJ is awesome for aspiring DJs who so far have done it in their bedrooms but who are dreaming of bigger crowds, and who are dreading all the seemingly complicated things that can come with that. The explanations are easily understandable and they clarify your options which should make it easier to decide on what to buy and how to go about getting forward in your career as a DJ – be it local, national or international. Looking back to when I started learning DJing, this kind of video series would’ve helped me tremendously.” – International DJ/producer Darude (“Sandstorm”).
4: Mixing II
DJs do the same thing, over and over again. Once you know the basics, you can start mixing, and then it’s just a case of building on this starting block by adding the skills needed to cope with different tunes.
- How to use the mixer and jogwheels – and the two distinct things a jogwheel does
- Beatmixing, both manual and using sync, and how to “nudge” to keep tunes together
- A simple learning method for nailing beatmixing every time
- A detailed talkthrough of where to beatmix tunes for great sounding transitions
- How to correct BPMs and beatgrids to mix “difficult” tunes successfully
- How to use filters and EQ controls to take control of your beatmixes and “move the audience through” your set like a pro
- Real-world uses of DJ effects and loops for impressive, pro-sounding transitions even with hard-to-mix genres and tunes
- Using software features and “scratch” functions to perform vinyl-style mixes
A DJ says…
“This is a one-of-a-kind DJ course: I’ve never seen anything like it before, not in terms of content or quality. The videos are amazing: Comprehensible and clear. Most DJ tutorials are just a cam recording the screen or controller, and they barely explain anything right. Yet just 30 minutes of one of these videos covered everything I’ve been trying to learn for the last month and a half, better and clearer. To gain this amount of knowledge would have take me probably another three months of going through 100s of blog posts and YouTube videos. This is perfect for beginner DJs and I am recommending it to all my friends. There really is nothing on the market like it. – Borja De Las Llanderas (“DJ Larry”), Madrid, Spain.
5: Playing Out
In the final module, we show you how to set up in a real world venue, give you an invaluable “pep talk” about making a success of the first DJ gig you’ve worked so hard towards, and cover dealing with nerves, other DJs, club owners and managers, the public, programming a DJ set… and where to go with all of this once you finish your first successful gig
- A practical guide to setting up in a pro DJ booth, including a demonstration of the kind of gear you’re likely to find there and how to plug into it
- Time-proven tips on how to conquer nerves and have a great time at your first gig to ensure it is a 100% total success.
- How to programme a DJ set, covering warm-up sets, peak time end of night, the difference between playing in bars and clubs…
- How to manage energy levels by reading and “rotating” your crowd, for a full dancefloor every time
- How good DJs “perform”: Tips on how to behave behind the decks, what’s expected of you, and how to “lead” a party from the front!
A DJ says…
“It’s hard to learn skills such as beat matching if you have never seen then done before; with these videos, you get three different lessons on how to beat match in different ways! I have read “DJing For Dummies” and various blogs and such, but reading is just that – reading. These videos show you how to DJ in a simple and easy to comprehend manner, no matter your level of experience (none, some, self-taught). You learn every aspect of the job, from where to get music, to what to play, to how to play it, and finally how it all works together. They saved me the time and effort of seeking out a private instructor. At the end, you have learned what you need to know, and then some. Having gained the general skills that any digital DJ needs, I put myself out on the market, and now I DJ for local high school sports team’s pre-game warm ups. It’s not a big job, but I can handle it and it’s all due to the watching the video series. It worked for me, so I know that it can work for anyone.” – Jake Wilson (“DJ Wired”), West Lafayette, Indiana, USA.
Frequently asked questions…
How do I receive my DJ training? If the videos are online, are they mine to “keep” forever?
Yes. You get LIFETIME 100% ACCESS to all of these videos, including all future updates. We give you a unique, personal login that allows you to use them forever, from wherever you want to login – your work PC, home PC, laptop, iPad, smartphone, Android tablet… There’s nothing to download and nothing to lose. (If you ever misplace your login details, it’s easy to request them again.)
Some online DJ courses that I’ve seen on YouTube are hard to follow! Are these easy for a beginner to get the most from?
Of course. We’ve make everything as easy as possible to follow. These lessons are filmed in an informal, “chatty” tutorial style: Some videos include hands-on demos of real equipment, while the crucial beatmixing videos, for instance, have proper screen recordings, with picture-in-picture shots demonstrating the hands-on techniques and/or the controllers simultaneously. In a later video, we actually set up a typical “club” DJ booth and demonstrate where and how you’d plug in. We use several controllers, and show different software where applicable. The videos step way beyond typical free online demos, and are in full HD, filmed in a professional studio, with a full-screen option.
I’ve seen several how to DJ courses online that claim to teach DJing fast – how is this one different?
Apart from being made by Digital DJ Tips, one of the biggest DJ websites in the world, this is the only course designed especially for digital DJs who want to go from complete beginner to playing a gig in front of an audience in as short a time as possible. Everything you need to know to achieve that one goal is included – and anything that’s not important isn’t.
Is it good value for money?
We invite you to look at DJ training schools online – not the “get rich quick”-style PDF e-books from DJs and websites you’ve never heard of, but the excellent, reputable courses from good DJ schools worldwide. We also invite you to look at the cost of such courses. Come back when you’ve recovered from the shock!
We realised there was a need for simple, no-nonsense, value-for-money DJ training of the type we’ve created here. These four hours of high-quality, focused, one-on-one training do just one thing – get you from complete beginner to playing in front of an audience with a digital DJ controller in mere weeks. Ask yourself: What would I pay to have a pro DJ show me all of this? To show me the exact techniques he uses every week in his own DJ sets? To advise me on gear, music, mixing and even how to behave at my first gig?
Now ask yourself: What is it worth to me to avoid weeks and months of wondering what I should be practising, of trying to work out why I’m not getting any better, of wondering why my mixes don’t sound like those of the pros? How long do I want to carry on dreaming of playing live but not have the first idea how to get confident enough to make it happen? What is it worth to me to finally do this?
Do you always have a sneaking feeling that if only you had the next-big-thing controller or an effects unit or a new gadget or a better laptop or different software, suddenly it would all “click”? Maybe you’ve already spent lots of money on gear for this very reason! What price would you put on breaking that cycle and finally feeling confident to DJ properly on the gear you have? On earning money instead of spending it?
How much is it worth to you to stop having to scour the web for quality tuition in all the areas listed in our course contents above, all the time seeing conflicting advice and different opinions on everything from what controller to buy to how to mix to what to have in your DJ set to please a dancefloor? Can you put a value on those weeks and months of piecing together tidbits of advice from scores of untrusted sources?
A DJ says…
“The ‘How To Digital DJ Fast’ series starts from the very beginning, giving tips on how not to blow a bunch of money on gear which is not needed. The skill set I left the series with really was leaps and bounds ahead of what would have come through trial and error. It really makes sure you have the proper foundation to ensure you can DJ at a higher level later on. It will save you money in gear selection, time and frustration! You can spend a whole lot less time looking for this information and a bunch more working on your mixes. I’ve been able to start mixing right after following the course and also I have gained the confidence to land my first gig playing at the student lounge this upcoming school year!” – David Dahl (“DJ DahlaBillz”), Edmonton, Canada.
If you get just one paying DJ booking after following this course, it will pay for the course and then some. How much is it worth to you to start getting paid for your DJing in four weeks’-time rather than in months, or next year, or never? Just four weeks from now, you could finally be DJ properly, in public, earning money, getting the success and adulation you are dreaming of, and having the fun you know you can have from DJing. Please ask yourself now: What is that worth to me?
We’re sure you’re going to agree that How To Digital DJ Fast is priced at such a level that EVERY new DJ who is serious about playing in public, quickly, really can’t afford not to invest in it. We are passionate about digital DJing, and we want you to succeed. Please trust us that we want you to have this tuition, and that we’ve priced it accordingly.
Is this really the best way to learn to DJ properly? Aren’t you just going to show me tricks that mean in the real world I’ll be “found out” by real DJs?
There’s nothing worse than an awful digital DJ in the corner of some bar, trainwrecking bad-sounding, ill-chosen tunes all night! The whole point of this tuition is to make sure you never, ever get thought of as one of those.
The course teaches you properly how to DJ, in a way that vinyl and CD DJs would respect and approve of. It will lift you head and shoulders above the thousands of second-rate digital DJs who aren’t serious enough about their DJing to make the decision to learn properly. What’s more, it’ll show you the skills you need to easily transfer to using CDJs or vinyl in the future should you wish.
There are so many styles of DJing, so many types of music and shows. How do I know the course is going to suit me?
If you play music people dance to, this course will suit you. The techniques apply to house, electro and pop, but also to all other forms of electronic dance music (ie trance, techno, dubstep, drum & bass etc), to hip-hop, indie, rock, even wedding-style mobile DJing.
Of course certain skills, such as beatmixing, are more appropriate for certain types of gigs and music, but the vast majority of what’s taught here is applicable to any DJ who gets up and plays music in public. Fact is that if you play music in front of other people, you’ll get a huge amount from this course, whatever your style.
Which hardware and software do you concentrate on? What if I’m using something else?
We concentrate on standard DJ controllers and on modern DJ software – if you have ANY controller or ANY modern software, you’ll get 100% from this course. We are careful to use controllers at all price points, and explain the techniques on Serato DJ, Traktor Pro 2 and Virtual DJ 8. (We explain why they’re all essentially the same anyway, and so we guarantee that whatever controller/software combination you’re using, the course is specially designed for you.)
Who isn’t this course suited to?
It’s not suited to vinyl or CD DJs, as it has a software/digital focus. While it’s aimed at controller DJs, it is also useful for those who want to use “digital vinyl systems” (ie an old-fashioned DJ set-up of decks/CD players and mixer plus “control vinyl” / audio interface)
If you’re a confirmed dreamer, happy to mess around in your bedroom with no real intention of ever playing in front of your friends or the public, then you probably don’t have the dedication necessary to get the best from this course. (But in my experience, people who say they’re happy as “bedroom DJs” are just scared to take the next step. If that’s you, this course is definitely going to help you!)
On the other hand, if you’re currently DJing successfully in public using digital gear, you’ve probably already spent far too long working out the hard way what’s in these videos. Good for you! (I bet you wish something like this was around when you were learning…)
Otherwise, rest assured that if you’re a beginner digital DJ hungry for the fast-track to success, How To Digital DJ Fast is perfect for you. Perfect, that is, unless you’d rather read dense, long-winded books instead of being actually shown the real-world skills.
Ready? Get your instant access to How To Digital DJ Fast now!
Click here now to buy your lifetime access to these videos for one single easy payment.
Here’s a reminder of just some of what the course gives you:
- All the knowledge the complete beginner needs to get paid for DJing – fast
- How to collect and manage a killer DJ music collection
- A pro’s advice on what gear is essential… and where you can save money
- Fast-track tuition in all the essential skills and techniques, right from the very first step (including “proper” beatmatching)
- Valuable demos of real-world DJ mixes, plus advanced techniques, all of which you can use immediately to improve your DJing
- The know-how to set up and play your first gig in a “pro” DJ booth or venue, with complete confidence
All this is yours for life for a small, one-off payment. That’s many hours of training, across nearly 30 videos – quality, professional, one-on-one tuition – for a fraction of the cost of even a single day of training in a bricks-and-mortar DJ school.
Click now to buy instant lifetime access to these videos – no waiting or downloading required.
Your 100% no-risk guarantee
We’re sure you’ll be 100% satisfied with our How To Digital DJ Fast online video course. But if you aren’t, we offer a 100% no-quibble, no-questions-asked, money-back guarantee. If it’s not for you, just tell us within 12 months and we’ll refund your money promptly. That’s our promise to you.
We are only interested in happy customers, so if you’re not happy, just tell us and your money will be returned to you, with absolutely no ill feeling. In truth, we’ll just be glad you had the confidence in us to give it a go.
A DJ says…
“As a recent convert to digital, I feel much better equipped to play my first gig in a club with a controller after having followed ‘How To Digital DJ Fast’. The videos lay out in clear detail what gear is best, how to select and organize your music, how to play your first tune and how to manually beatmatch like your favorite DJs. They explain how to use tempo control properly, what the sync button really does and how to make all your mixes sound just right. This course saved me from spending hours searching for and watching poorly labelled YouTube videos, which, for a beginning DJ like me, is a lifesaver. I especially liked the breakdown of which gear is necessary, and which is not-so-necessary because it saved me a lot of time and money better spent on other things such as the music itself. I spent a good while trying to decide between CDJs, vinyl and a controller and these videos made me feel much more comfortable with digital DJing as a whole. It’s an awesome product, and I love how personal it feels compared to other tutorials. You can tell that a lot of care and thought goes into these. For a beginner DJ, it’s literally the holy grail of how-to’s.” – Brandon Ball, Cool Cats, Washington, DC, USA.
Remember, there is absolutely nothing else like this on the market today. If you’re serious about learning to digital DJ fast so you can break out of the bedroom, play public gigs and start making money and achieving success as a DJ, you need this training.
Click here now to buy the course for a single, easy payment, and gain instant, lifetime access to all of this training videos – several valuable hours of professional, one-to-one tuition. And if you’re not completely satisfied? Let us know within 12 months (yes, 12 months! Our guarantee is legendary…) and we’ll refund your money in full, absolutely no questions asked.